A little about Jordan Stones
As I begin to introduce myself to you here, I want to describe some of the themes that come to mind as frequent visitors in my counseling practice. Certainly it is not exhaustive, but to paint a general landscape for you:
- Christian Counseling (click for more)
- Eating Disorders: Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, and Binge Eating Disorder (click for more)
- Adolescent therapy (click for more)
- Women’s Issues (click for more)
- Relationship dissatisfaction
- Trauma Recovery
- Painful past relationships
- Body Image dissatisfaction
- Diet Addiction
- Imbalance of focus on food/fat/dieting and your relationship to your body
- Exercise addiction
- Self Image deficits
- A Christian Counseling Perspective on Spirituality integrated into Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
Significance of Jordan Stones
The Jordan river is a common representation of the journey from wandering and wilderness to promise and abundance.
In therapy, our journey is a process. First we are sustained, then we are restored, then we thrive.
As the story goes, when the journey was accomplished and the wilderness was overcome, stones were set up as a memorial to claim and remember the new landscape and blessing they now inhabited. My hope is that this is your experience internally as well as externally in your life.
Prepare yourselves, and set yourselves apart., for tomorrow, the Lord will do amazing things among you.
Key Words: Counseling Christian Spiritual Eating Disorders, Binge Eating Disorder, Anorexia, Bulimia, Emotional Eating, Anxiety, Depression, OCD, obsessive compulsive, Grief Counseling, Infertility, Chronic Pain, Yoga Therapy, Trauma, Relationships, Transitions, Body Image, Exercise Addiction, Spiritual Direction, Clinical supervision, Self Image, Self Esteem, Therapy, Mental Health, Psychotherapy, Couples Counseling, Marriage Counseling,